Saturday, January 18, 2014

Need A Pick Me Up

Some days I wake up and need a bit of a pick-me-up.  My green tea isn't gettin' it done-not because I was out partyin' late night (those nights are few and far between) but I just need an energy boost that will get me going.  Some days it's hard to get motivated to organize closets and wipe baseboards.  Do ya hear me?  Also, with winter crashing down on us it's important to stay active and be healthy so those-gasp…..germs don't find us! I feel that it's important to keep our immunity up-none of us want to bite the dust especially with all that cleanin' that needs to get done:)
I am definitely the mom that likes a great drink!  And I don't mean a margarita at 9a. -Tee Hee
So we're making green smoothies in the kitchen today-ones that don't taste like grass.  Yummy ones that taste great and are good for you too.  The best combination!!!
I'm thinking seasonal produce works best for this one and you can't taste the spinach.-Yay for all those who don't like to drink your salad.  Also, check out this fruity water detox  to stay hydrated.




Greatest Green Smoothie
1 large pear
1 large mango
2 clementines
juice from one lime
2 cups spinach
1 cup ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth.


D-lish and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<