Monday, April 7, 2014

Giving It Up


So I'm going to admit that I was an addict.  Hooked on diet coke for years and years!  Wake up in the morning and crack open a can and then have several more that day.  I was never a coffee drinker except for an occasional latte from Starbucks.  DC has always been my beverage of choice but I've cut it out of my life!  On Ash Wednesday I was working out at the gym and was thinking about what I could give up for Lent- I made the decision in that moment, my diet coke habit was done.  I've felt great the last couple of months and can't believe that I've lasted this long without the constant caffeine.  I've been drinking a lot more water and green iced tea and I'm now trying to spruce them up a bit.  These jazzed up ice cubes make drinking water a bit more fun and flavorful.  I like to add them to sparkling Pellegrino as well to get my fizzy soda fix.  I'm thinking about a warm summer night with these in my wine spritzer!  If you like these fruity cubes, check out this great detox water recipe as well.  



I chose blueberries, raspberries and mint because that's what I had in the fridge but you could use all sorts of fun things to jazz up your cubes.  Lemon and lime slices and cranberries or pomegranates would be great as well.






Enjoy your glass of water a little more with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<