Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fresh Summer Salad


It's gettin' hot round here and summer is knocking on the door.  I love summer salads.  Could eat them for every meal.  I only wish the rest of the fam felt the same way.-Ha!  This corn salad is one of my faves.  I love using our garden basil-my herb garden is exploding right now with fresh herbs!
This recipe is simple and I'm all about simplicity when get home late from all of these evening baseball and softball games.  This can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.



Fresh Summer Corn Salad
4 ears of corn cut from cob 
3 medium zucchini sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
1 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste

In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add sliced zucchini and garlic and saute for approximately 2 minutes.  Add the corn kernels and season with salt and pepper-cook for an additional minute.  Remove from heat and add fresh basil and white wine vinegar.  Toss and enjoy!



Hope you are enjoying the week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<