Friday, October 24, 2014

Apple Cider Sangria


Last week I hosted my book club and went with a cozy fall theme.  You can read more about my book club here.  I served my favorite soup, mini grilled cheese sandwiches, anti-pasta skewers, cheese platter and pumpkin cookies.  Discussing the book wouldn't be the same without some cocktails.  So I served cider sangria with fresh cider from the apple orchard.  It was a big hit.  Refreshing, seasonal, light and yum!  Be sure to give it a try.


Apple Cider Sangria
1 Pitcher
4 cups apple cider
1 bottle of pinot grigio
1 cup brandy
2 apples cut into small cubes 
1 pear cut into small cubes
Stir together in your favorite pitcher and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.  Serve in a glass with ice and enjoy!


And if you're looking for a great book, Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, was such a great read!  Loved it as much, if not more, than The Husband's Secret written by the same author.  So, whether you are curled up with a great book or out drinkin' cider sangria this weekend-hope it's great!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<